Singapore has a strategic location has given the country an economic importance in Southeast Asia. Singapore is the busiest port in the world. Singapore is a densely populated country with a population of 4.35 million people. Atleast 77% are Chinese, 14% Malays, 8% Indians. Literacy rate of Singapore stands at 95% and the standard of living is high. Singapore is a multi racial society who live with peace and harmony.
National language is Malay but but English is the language of administration. The official languages are Malay, Chinese, Tamil and English.
Singapore is warm and humid throughout the year temperature ranging from 23 to 35 degrees celcius.
The currency of Singapore is 'Dollars' (SGD).
PLACES OF INTEREST
Singapore is a truly tourist paradise where there are numerous amusement attractions, exciting nightlife and restaurants offering world class cuisine..
- Sentosa is a world-class leisure and discovery island which is a must-see for all visitors. It is a one stop destination for sight seeing, entertainment, shopping, nightlife, etc. Look out for Asia's most exciting oceanarium, The Underwater World & Dolphin Lagoon. There are 3 beaches namely Palawan Beach, Siloso Beach and Tanjong Beach for you to relax or have fun. And many more to see such as Butterfly Park, The Merlion Walk, Fort Siloso etc.
- Singapore Zoo is an open concept zoo with more than 3,200 mammals, birds and reptiles. Experience a breakfast with the famous Orang Utans.
Special highlights of animal shows are also available.
- Night Safari, which is just located next to the Singapore Zoo is an open concept 'Night' zoo with more than 1200 animals.
It is a wild night adventure not to be missed.
- Jurong Bird Park is the largest bird park in southeast asia with more than 9,000 birds. Not to miss the World's highest manmade Waterfall Aviary
standing at 30 metres high. Visitors can also watch regular birds shows at free-of-charge.
- Snow City is an indoor snow center for a entertaining yet educational approach to introduce sub zero climate to visitors.
Experience the fun-filled activities like snowtubing, skiing and snowboarding.
- Escape Theme Park is Singapore's wildest and biggest self-contained amusement park. There are huge rage of wet and dry rides for children and adult.
Experience the the thrilling rides and fun-filled carnivals games.
Singapore is famous for its wide range of ethnic food. There are Chinese, Indian, Malay, Indonesian, Western, Italian, Peranakan, French and Thai food.
Singapore delicacies include Hainanese Chicken Rice, Roti Prata, Satay, Rojak, Chilli Crab, Hokkien Noodles etc. Food is easily accessible from local
coffee shops to fine restaurants.
Singapore is among the top economies in the world. Singapore has a flourishing shipbuilding and ship repair industry.
Besides a leader in oil drilling and refining, its economy thrives on a mixture of agriculture, technology and tourism.